Monday 10 March 2014

Creating the perfect brow: Arch de Triumph by Soap & Glory


If there's one thing I hate maintaining, it's my eyebrows. Why do I hate it? Mainly for these three reasons: they grow back too fast; they never look even; and I always seem to over-pluck them. I was in desperate need of a solution and I think I've found it - Arch de Triumph by Soap & Glory.

Arch de Triumph is a handy two-ended shaping and highlighting crayon - it is everything you need in one cute pencil, to create perfectly beautiful brows.

Until I used it, I was an eyebrow pencil virgin. Yes, that's right ladies, I'm 23 and until recently, I'd never used an eyebrow pencil. So, as you can imagine, I was a little anxious.

But Arch de Triumph is amazing and made pencilling in my eyebrows a lot easier than I ever thought it would be.

So why is it so good?

First of all, both ends of the pencil are soft making it a lot easier to apply - sometimes, the sharp, hard and pointy ends can be scratchy. Also, I think the softer pencils give a more natural looking finish.

Second of all, the tips of the pencil are quite chunky, which again makes the finished brows look more natural.

#Tip: Always pluck your eyebrows before shaping, however, a useful cheat is to pencil them into the shape you want and then pluck the stray hairs from around your already pencilled brows.

And like I've said before, Arch de Triumph has two ends - one for colouring and shaping, the other for highlighting.

Highlighting is such an important step and often one that some people forget - it's a great way to illuminate your skin and show off your beautiful features. Use the highlighting end of the pencil on the top of your eyebrows, to give your eyes an instant eye-lift and underneath, to accentuate you eyes. Make sure you only use the highlighter from the arch of your eyebrows, outwards - don't use it around the fat end, else you could risk looking like you've gone a little overboard with the highlighting pencil.

#Tip: Just apply a little of the highlighter above and below the eyebrow and use your finger to smudge it around the arch - you just want it to look shiny and to catch the light whenever you turn, so don't go over the top.

Oh and if you want to look super radiant, add that extra glow by using the highlighter on the top of your cheeks and just above your upper lip.

So there you go, the latest addition to my make-up bag: Arch de Triumph by Soap & Glory - it's easy to apply, gives a natural-looking finish and you practically get two for the price of one. What more could you want? Give it a try and remember, stay fierce.